Contemporary architecture has started to receive more accusations of emotional coldness, and restrictive aesthetics, distanced from humans and life (Pallasmaa, 2015).
An essential solution to improve the quality of life is to reconnect architecture with emotions and feelings. Architecture is the main element of our environment. Architecture has an impact on emotions followed by behaviour. As the architectural space changes, humans act, think, and feel differently. It is important to architect human emotions of positivity, to create an environment that reduces negative emotions.
Understanding the effectiveness of variations of environmental and design elements upon human emotions.
Helping the visitor to understand the impact of different architectural spaces on their mind, identifying with their emotions and what are the environmental changes that they require for their well-being.
- An experimental model of a museum that displays emotions
- Create spaces that evoke different emotions (Plutchik’s model of emotions)
- The user should be able to identify with the emotion that overpowers their mind, so it is important for the designer to design spaces that specifically evoke certain emotions.
- Give importance to the transition spaces from one emotion to another.
- Spaces can be created as individual emotions or functional spaces that depict a particular emotion.
- The sequence of the emotions matters so zone them thoughtfully.
- You have to design a museum – that displays emotions, eventually leading to healing the visitor’s mind.
- This competition is open to all, individually or as a team (Maximum 3 members in a team)
- University students can contact for discounts by emailing email@example.com
- Conceptual development
- Design development
- Registration deadline: 31st Dec 2022
- SRL4 (standard registration level 4): 1st November 2022 – 30th November 2022
- LR (late registration): 1st December 2022 – 15th December 2022
- CR(countdown registration): 16th December 2022 – 31st December 2022
- Submission deadline: 15th Jan 2023
- Result Announcement: 25th Feb 2023
Prizes include bespoke medal and published interviews and media coverage.
Visit the official website for registration.